WHAT'S GOING ON THIS WEEK?
The European Patent Office (EPO) and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) are holding the conference Shaping tomorrow: 3D printing and its impact on IP from 13 to 16 July 2020. The first sessions already took place which included the presentation of the new EPO’s study on patents and trends in 3D printing technologies. Some speakers of the remaining sessions are Virginie Fossoul (European Commission), Heli Pihlajamaa (EPO), Rosa Maria Ballardini (University of Lapland), and Cristian Fracassi (Isinnova). Watch here the full recording of the first day and the live stream of the remaining sessions.
On 14 July 2020, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the Brazilian National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI Brazil), the Brazilian Intellectual Property Association (ABPI), and the Brazilian National Confederation of Industry (CNI) are offering the webinar Intellectual Property 4.0: IP in the Fourth Industrial Revolution? (in Portuguese). The opening speakers are Luiz Edgard Montaury Pimenta (ABPI), José Graça Aranha (WIPO), and Fabiano Barreto (CNI). The panellists are Alexandre Pfeifer (IBM) and Fabiano Barreto (CNI). Vagner Latsch (INPI) will moderate the session.
The International Chamber of Commerce of Mexico (ICC Mexico) will hold the seminar The new Industrial Property Law (in Spanish) from 14 to 16 July 2020. The program will cover the amendments on trademarks, patents and enforcement issues. Some speakers are Juan Lozano Tovar (IMPI), Claus von Wobeser (ICC Mexico), Oscar Estrada Chávez (Federal Court, IP Specialised Bench), Luz María Anaya Domínguez (Federal Court, IP Specialised Bench), Juan Antonio Rodríguez Corona (Federal Court, IP Specialised Bench), Paola Franco Abarca (IMPI), and Karen Orivio (Novartis).
The webinar Federal Copyright Law - Opportunities and security: INDAUTOR (in Spanish) will take place on 14 and 16 July 2020. The event is organized by the Mexican Centre for Protection and Promotion of Copyright (CeMPro), the National Chamber of the Mexican Publishing Industry (CANIEM), and editamos. The speakers are Hugo Contreras Lamadrid (INDAUTOR), Jesus Parets (INDAUTOR), Alberto Arenas (INDAUTOR), Claudia Pérez (INDAUTOR) and Quetzalli de la Concha (CeMPro).
On 16 July 2020, the following webinars are scheduled:
- Evocation: a powerful tool to protect GIs, organized by oriGIn (Organization for an International Geographical Indications Network). Some speakers: G. Belinci, F. Desimoni and L. Nair.
- Cancellation of trademark registrations for non-use: a comparative analysis (in Spanish), organized by the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI). Speakers: Clarissa Jeagger, Liza Erazo, and Miguel Muñoz. Moderator: Luis Baz Baz.
- Overview of the WIPO Guide on Identifying Inventions in the Public Domain, organized by WIPO. Speaker: Donna O. Perdue.
On 17 July 2020, the webinar Intellectual Property in Mexico: Tips for Protecting and Managing your IPRs in Unprecedented Times will take place. The event is organized by the IP Key Latin America and Latin America IP SME Helpdesk. Some speakers are Martin Schlötelburg and Sergio Rangel.
FIDE | TIPSA. Global Digital Encounters: IP Arbitration in a Digitally Enhanced World
The Foundation for Research on Law and Business (FIDE, acronym in Spanish) and the Transatlantic Intellectual Property Academy (TIPSA) announced the Global Digital Encounters: IP Arbitration in a Digitally Enhanced World (Encounter 4) will be held online on 22 July 2020.
The event will provide an overview of the role of IP arbitration and mediation in a post-pandemic environment. The speakers are Catherine A. Rogers (Penn State Law) and Chung Nian Lam (WongPartnership). Ignacio de Castro (WIPO) will moderate the session. More information here.
Did you miss some events held the last week? The following are still available on-demand:
- 7 July. Webinar: Domain Name Arbitration, organized by the Brazilian Association of Industrial Property Agents (ABAPI), TIPSA, and WIPO.
- 7 - 9 July. Second Session of the WIPO Conversation on IP and AI, organized by WIPO.
- 8 July. Webinar: WIPO-AIPPI Joint Webinar: Current Trends in WIPO Mediation and Arbitration for Intellectual Property and Technology Disputes, organized by WIPO and the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
If you have a craving for more, review the full list of events here!